Thursday, August 2, 2012

A little of this...a little of that...

Things are pretty quiet over here...and it's about to get even quieter. Sorry! :(
Have you ever had one of those moments/days/weeks where you feel like you're whole life is just spinning out of control. Not neccessarily in a bad way, but in a 'I'm so busy I can hardly take it anymore' kinda way. Now, I realize that some of this may sound typical for most households and I'm in no way complaining about my life - like I said, it's just one of things where every day tasks along with summer activities and appointments all fall during the same week. Here is a quick peek into what is coming up for me...

I'm leaving tonight with the girls to visit my parents for the weekend. Today is my FRIDAY, hooray for that!! With the Olympics, gymnastics training, packing, dinner making and laundry{why do my kids have to change 4 times a day..?}...ect. (and did I mention the hubs and I both work full-time outside the home?) this week - it's going to be a much needed time away. However, it will be anything but relaxing. The hubs works ALL weekend, so he won't be with us on this trip..and it's the town festival this weekend in the town my parents live in. So, it will be all about pony rides, parades, craft fairs, tractor pulls, fireworks, mini golfing and so much more. Nonetheless, we are very excited to visit Grandpa and Grandma and take part in all the fun the town will offer us.

Monday: Dentist Appointments for both girls. Doesn't sound like anything major...we all go to the dentist..yadda yadda yadda. Well, when you have a child that is TERRIFIED of the dentist the task of getting them into the car to even go is daunting. Alexa had a traumatic first experience visiting the dentist and it's been a very very slow moving process to get her to calm down enough to sit in the chair. I'm talking screaming, bear hugging, can't hardly breathe she is so terrified. It takes a lot of coaxing, bribing (yes, I'm that kind of mom) and basically mentally and physically preparing myself to literally peel my daughter off of my body to get her to sit in the chair and open her mouth. I'm getting worked up just thinking about it.

As for Lillian....she is totally chill, sits back, opens her mouth wide and leaves with a new tooth brush, a couple stickers and a smile on her face. No.big.deal!
Tuesday: Alexa trains on a gymnastics team every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:30 until 7pm. Next Tuesday also happens to be National Night Out from 6-8:30pm. I headed up a NNO block party a couple years ago when we moved to our neighborhood and have kinda been the one 'in charge' ever since. Every other year I've had awesome games planned for both the adults and kids, we have food, a bike parade and I visit all the local business to see if they'd like to donate a gift certificate or something from their store/shop to raffle off. This year - NADDA!! It snuck up on me so fast and I'm completely winging it, which I HATE doing. We're doing potluck and I'm relying on some teenage girls in the neighborhood to come up with something fun for the little kids to do. I can't even think about it, because I will go crazy with how unorganized it's going to be this year. I did manage to make up some flyers and brought them door to door last night, but after the fact realized a left a couple things out - like bring your own lawn chair..ect. I'm hoping to pull Alexa out of gymnastics an hour and a half early to hopefully get back home in time to get tables set up. I have some awesome neighbors, tho, so it will work out!! If you have any quick and easy potluck favorites - I am all ears!
Wednesday: The gymnastics training Alexa does is all on a team and their team party just so happens to fall on this coming Wednesday...and also happens to be potluck!! It's a pool party at the local community center and being my last name starts with "L", I need to bring a salad dish to pass. Seriously? If you know me at all, you know that I ONLY do desserts. I can bake but NOT cook! Help?
Thursday: Gymnastics again!! It also happens to be the ribbon cutting ceremony for our brand new park that we LOVE just up the street. It's not a huge priority other than the fact that my husband is on the park and recreation board in our town and basically fought tooth.and.nail for that park and once it was approved had a huge hand in deciding what playground system to put there. We kinda want to be there to support the whole effort!
Anyone take part in fantacy football?? I don't either....but, my husband does and let me tell you that it ranks right up there with Christmas in his book. Since our house is a neutral area for all his buddies, he's always the host.....for.the.entire.weekend (read: Thursday-Sunday). I say 'he' is the host, because the girls and I are literally kicked to the curb, not that we'd want to stay and hang out with the alcohol induced burping and farting that goes on.
So the first of his buddies arrives on Thursday night and then more trickle in on Friday and Fright night and the rest come on Saturday when the actual drafting takes place. It's a huge ordeal....a bachelor type weekend, if you will!
And while I'm super excited to get away and stay at a hotel and spoil my little girls for the weekend....the little tiny bit of 'suzie homemaker' in me wants to make sure all those smelly boys have a clean bedding and bath towel to use while they stay at my house before I leave.
On top of all that, I started this wonderful blog remodel and it's making me crazy that I started in such a haste, knowing full well that I wouldn't have time to get it exactly the way I want it. Thanks to a couple of my blog friends and their help and tips, it will all come together....eventually! Don't hold your breath! I also have a handful of reviews and giveaways to write and publish, but those have been put on hold. For now, please click on my review and giveaway tab and enter the amazing giveaways I have running right now. :)
 
Again, not complaining...just shedding some light on why I'll be scarce around here for awhile and for my own sake - running through my list of to-do's for the next couple weeks. Thanks for listening to me rant about what most probably think is a very normal week for them...but, seems totally overwhelming for me.
 
If I haven't lost my damn mind by the end of next week...I'll be back with how it all went down! :)



I'll be updating via Instagram
Follow me at @mamato2mijas

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

EEK! Good luck friend!! :)

Sarah said...

Wow that does like A LOT. Hope that you have a relaxing time this weekend!!

Gina said...

That's quite a busy schedule! Have fun with your parents - take lots of pics!!

Melissa said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it all! Good luck! See you on the other side of the crazyness )

Jamie said...

Wow. You have a whole lot going on! Good luck!